26 January 2021

My Green Island (by Aiko)

Forgiveness...

What four essentials would you choose if castaway or exiled onto an island like Patmos? For me, l would need a Swiss Army knife, metallic pot, solar powered laptop and my Best Friend. Why is money worshipped like it's some type of Mammon god? Of course, Money answers everything but it is also just a mere tool like a spanner, magalo pliers, pair of scissors or Master key; we use them to do whatever we want not judge people's worth depending on how many tools they possess. I would not mind living below the poverty line sijuwi 5,000 UgX per day; No Budget. Like Chronixx (and Protoge) in the jam entitled "Who Knows", "I gat the Sunshine, rivers and trees". There's also free Oxygen and Rain falls down without inhibition when its time comes. Sometimes, fruits are plenty in the wilderness like mangoes and coconuts but wasted. Money makes the world go round, but when I lack it, I do not want to feel depressed nor make anyone feel low just because they do not have it in the pocket, mobile account or bank. Everything around you is actually worth a lot of money. I do not base my friendships on who has the Most Money. In 2014 and 2016, one of my Top 40 A-Level Friends plus Favourite Cousin respectively hanged themselves because of money. A friend joked that I would be next, but I did not giggle. In 2018, I dreamt that I also killed myself but immediately woke up to write down everything that makes people kill themselves: Money is one of them. Some minutes later, I discovered via local radio and Facebook that a South Sudanese namesake had hanged himself the preceding night a few metres away. The number 18 in Hebrew stands for "Life"; I can't kill myself! Everything comes from GOD. No Money, no Problems! MUNGU ni fe ni, eri vini ga ni [Translated from Lugbara: GOD is the one who gives and also refuses]! We are mere Stewards of GOD's Money yet HE only demands 10 percent from everyone (as Tithe or Church Tax and Zakat Charity). Forgive us our Sins as we forgive those who sin against us...