25 January 2020

The AikoGraphics Logo Gallery

GODisgreat, first and foremost! A Picture speaks a Thousand Words, but a Logo summarises the Message to about 100 Words. Personally, I believe there are three basic Types of Logos: Mark, Font and Combination; a Logo System can be derived from these. I fancy descriptive Logos, but non-descriptive ones are also good. Art is amazing because you can create anything you want from Blankness. If you want Blogs, Book Illustrations, Editorial Cartoons, Logos, Lugbara Translations, Portraits, Theatre Backdrops, Transcribing for Films and Mural Paintings from Aiko (Cartoonist), then just call +256-781-345712 (MTN); +256-751-650276 (Airtel); facebook Edward Aikobua (AikoGraphics); Zoom Personal Meeting ID (PMI): 216-521-4436 or email: aikoug@gmail.com (Google Hangouts/ Meet)! Below are some of the Logo Design Gigs I have done. It's my Life, 25 Hours a Day (AM to PM). Welcome to my Logo Gallery (like a Museum Of Lugbara Art [MOLA], Design Asylum, E-Art Station, Bag of Graphics):

55 Foundation [Use your Fingers and Time]
Adam & Eve
AikoGraphics [Custom-tailored Design, Art @ 1st Sight]
Arua Cartoons [Free your Imagination]
Block Owners [Crest in the SMACK League for my Old Yearmates, the Class of 2002]
Busaana Modern Academy
Destiny Funeral Services [GOD rules your Destiny...]
Engato Store [for Edwin Paratra, Call or WhatsApp 0792-532097 and buy affordable Men's Shoes. Online Deals available...]
Federation of Uganda Clearing Agents & Freight Forwarders (FUCAFF) [for Uncle Jad]
Gender Equity [Females and Males have different Needs]
halo, a real Queen of Beauty
Kakaparaka [Maroon and green Cooper Black Font Logo: Maize ripens for people without teeth too...]
Leopard UG [Forgiveness]
Lugbara Translate (Cognitive Radio Tech/ Beats by Aiko)
Maracha View [Rock my World!]
oneway, Ch.39 [If you have a Problem, then just look up to Heaven!]
Paint-mixing Diamond
Pearl of Africa
Procurement ClassRoom [commissioned by Jorge Lynch, the Legal Owner who paid me 100 US Dollars for this logo. Check out his Website at www.procurementclassroom.com]
Procurement Initiatives Asia-Pacific [Copyright of Jorge Lynch, a Panamanian in the Philippines]
Prynce Pictures [for Joel Okuyo Atiku aka Prynce]
Rats Network Investment Group (RNIG) [for Andrew Muhimbise]
Springs [The Flow of Knowledge] for Emmyways
Sprout Investment Club [commissioned by my Big Brother Vyo]
Swaibong Ruga Ruga FC [Crest in the 2019 Mwiri League]
UCU Volleyball Team [for my Art Manager Edmund]
Uganda Clearing Industry and Forwarders Association (UCIFA)
Y-Corner [Either you go left, or go right...]; and so much more...

Wall Of JOKES (Make Viewers giggle!)
The following 40 (out of over 1000) Ugatoons Crackers are selected from "United Gombololas (UG)", my Sit-down Comedy Book and Collection of two-sentence Liners recorded from what I've heard and seen since the 20th Century plus my own Imagination:
1. Can money buy happiness? It depends on how much happiness costs.
2. Where does the wood for making court doors in Uganda come from? Kotido.
3. Which district plays Maurice Kirya music most? Kiryandongo.
4. In which country are citizens advised to stay indoors? Indoor-nesia.
5. Never give up! But all strain and no gain makes Jack a very tired worker.
6. How do Lugbara tribemates greet? By mentioning other tribes and civilisations like the Ngoni (of Southern Africa) as the greeting and UK as the reply.
7. What do you call the wife of your neighbour? Neighbour-in-law.
8. How are Ugandan presidential elections like cycling competitions? The front rider always wears a yellow jersey.
9. Money talks. But silence is golden.
10. If love is blind, then why didn't Batman marry Catwoman? Because he was not blind enough.
11. How much is a free meal? Free Thousand Ugandan Shillings.
12. When a teacher says: Any questions?, what do you do? I just sit there in silence because sometimes you do not even know what you do not know.
13. Waragi kills! Yeah but some people continue drinking it to remain dead.
14. What do you call a false prophet? An impastor.
15. Describe my booty! It's big like a loaf of brown bread!
16. What do you call a village where Ugandans live in another country? Uga-hood.
17. Where do broken hearts go? Mulago Heal [Hill].
18. If tea workers pick tea leaves, then what do teachers pick? Teabags!
19. Will Fresh Kid change his name when he grows older? Yes, he will become Fresh Teen, then Fresh Man.
20. What do you call a good Muganda? A Propaganda.
21. Where do people go to drink tea when they are sorrowful? Soroti.
22. At a Broadcasters Gala around 2003, WBS picked A in a Lots Game while Lighthouse TV selected B, but what did the Host tell Uganda Television? You be C [UBC]!
23. Name a motorcycle that can walk? Shoe-zuki.
24. What do you call a place where tourists watch the park? Pakwach.
25. Which Ugandan president is a public holiday? Idi Amin.
26. What was the Best Thing before sliced bread? Sliced flour.
27. How do France Football Ballon d'Or winners say "Thank you!" in French? Messi [Merci]!
28. Is Kuluva Hospital inside Arua City? No, it's on the outskirts and outshirts.
29. Which district in UG has a soul? Moyo.
30. If Blacks are niggas, then what are Whites? Jiggas.
31. What did the Fresh Dairy logo say to the Nile Special logo? You are not my type!
32. What kind of car dies? A mortal vehicle.
33. What is the opposite of Bullshit? Cowdung!
34. What did JESUS tell Arnold Schwarzenegger? I'll be back!
35. What message will you send your mama on Mother's Day? Thank you for not aborting me!
36. Apart from Hydrogen and Oxygen gas, name any other type of gas? Fabregas.
37. Words do not buy milk. But they do ask for a huge discount.
38. What is sweeter than honey? Sweeter honey.
39. A flight from Arua to Entebbe takes less than 2 hours, but how long does a flight from Entebbe to Arua take? Ask the plane!
40. What does the Bible say about pork? All the demon-possessed pork drowned in water, the rest is okay...

My Arsenal FC (Memories by Aiko)
I've watched English Football in Uganda since the late 1980s.
However, neither Liverpool, Tottenham, Blackburn nor Manchester United,
Could conquer my heart the way Arsenal did during the 1998 FA Cup Final.
I was attracted by the "Retreating Defence" Technique,
Exemplified by Emmanuel Petit and Vieira - the Wildman at Highbury, firstname Patrick.
It reminded me of the steal in basketball learnt from watching Michael Jordan,
My Favourite Sportsperson in the 90s because he always won.
Ian Wright, Captain Fantastic Tony Adams, Marc Overmars plus JVC Electronics also influenced me to become a Gooner.
I remained one through the tears from Leeds, heartbreak from Galatasary and Liverpool,
Because of Thierry Henry, Robert Pires plus every other Gunner.
Ray Parlour scored my Best Arsenal Goal-Of-All-Time against Valencia in 2001;
It was night but I ran out of the house screaming at the top of my voice.
He repeated something similar against Chelsea the following season in the FA Cup Final.
I liked Freddie Ljungberg's red hair and tirelessness,
Plus Dennis Bergkamp's seriousness.
The 2002 Double was a present for staying loyal,
Even though I almost gave up because of the 3-3 home draw with Blackburn;
Dreamcast and SEGA!
After the next two FA Cup wins in 2003 and 2005
Plus the Unbeaten 49 (golden Premiership) run in 2004,
The Gunners did not win a major cup again for nine years.
All through that period, I never walked away nor complained.
My love for Arsenal was so strong that I believed a trophy was just an empty cup.
I enjoyed all the Arsenal plays and goals instead,
From Cesc Fabregas on fire in the last 10 minutes during 2007,
To Eduardo da Silva's finesse before his injury,
Julio Baptista, then Andrei Arshavin netting four each in two separate games at Anfield,
Johan Djourou's focus,
Lord Nicklas Bendtner's Guinness Book of Records Fastest Goal by a Substitute after 1.8 seconds,
Samir Nasri's energy and Bacary Sagna's hair.
On 5th May 2009 when Arsenal lost 1-3 at home to Man Utd,
Which was the 2nd Leg after a 1-0 loss at Old Trafford,
In the UEFA Champions League Semifinals,
I literally felt my heart melt into liquid.
I tried to sleep quickly so that my heart could solidify back,
Proved to me how much I still loved Arsenal,
Despite losing the final in 2006,
Three years behind.
At least they set the UCL record for 9 Consecutive Matches without conceding a goal.
Man Utd already had three UCL trophies,
Why couldn't they just let Arsenal qualify and win its first in a rematch with Barcelona?
This game was the Genesis of why I turned into a huge Lionel Messi fanboy.
In 2010, the Gunners became the Premiership's Comeback Kings,
With a record four Consecutive Wins after conceding first;
That was very sweet!
Robin van Persie then scored 30 EPL goals before leaving in 2012.
Olivier Giroud replaced him from Montpellier,
Whereas Mesut Oezil joined in 2013;
Silverware finally arrived at the Emirates Stadium!
Cazorla was a slick, ambidextrous baller,
Podolski had a powerful left foot,
Fabianski was great in goal and
Aaron Ramsey became Rambo!
Just like Ljungberg before 2002,
I felt Ramsey went somewhere before his superb season began.
Indeed he had vacationed in Kenya, just next door to where I was.
I wish my Old Boy Philip who committed suicide four days before the 2014 FA Cup Final,
Had stayed alive to witness his Best English Club win a trophy again.
After Arsenal went 0-2 down,
I walked outside the house to eat a mango in the dark grass compound while shaking.
Then bathed as a ritual to wash away any curses on me.
By the time I finished, Arsenal had pulled one goal back.
Then Koscielny equalised and the rest you can watch on YouTube.
My celebrations were hushed and mild,
In memory of my dead friend.
However, the 2015 FA Cup triumph was exactly everything I wished for,
From Theo Walcott's opening goal to Arsenal's fourth by supersub Giroud;
Dreams come true!
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May!
Then Rambo scored the winner again in 2017 (Last Blood);
Meanwhile, Giroud won the FIFA Puskas Award (for his Scorpion Kick Goal).
Visit Rwanda; it's Wakanda to be cinematic!
When Living Legend Arsene Wenger announced his exit in 2018,
After 22 years in charge,
It felt like suicide.
I blame the plastic critics who pressed for his exit,
I do not want to call them fans!
I quit all WhatsApp groups talking negative vibe against the club.
Nevertheless, am still a wellwisher of this great club,
Because it gives me happiness, sometimes double.
From Wenger's Invincibles: Jens Lehmann;
Lauren Etame Meyer, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole;
Freddie Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira, Gilberto Silva, Robert Pires;
Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, etc;
To the next generation:
Unai Emery, Alexander Lacazette, Lucas Torreira, Gabriel Martinelli.
Mikel Arteta, Edward Nketiah, Martin Odegaard, history continues!
Pierre-Emmerick Aubameyang becomes the Fastest Gunner to score 50 EPL goals.
Fly better,
Till the End of Time,
Victory through harmony;
In GOD we trust!

Bako (Dribble by Aiko)
1984, year that GOD made me in Uganda,
A certain 3rd pick in the NBA Draft starts his career at Chicago Bulls.
Around 1992, my Big Brother tells me to check out a guy called Michael Jordan.
Because of His Airness, I cannot stop following this action.
I love this game!
My dream is to play pro-soccer, but I also play a little basketball for fun.
I quit my soccer dreams in 1996 to avoid getting whipped for academics.
In 1997, I join St. Mary's College Kisubi,
One of the Best 5 High Schools in Africa.
I discover Wilbrod Oketcho;
He is big and scary like Shaq and he slam dunks in our faces.
I quit playing Bako, the school slang for Basketball, because of Wilbrod,
Then meet him again at the Sheraton Hotel Kampala many years later.
Unfortunately, he is gunned down by thugs.
His cousin Flavia Oketcho,
My Favourite Female Basketballer,
Later becomes one of the Greatest Ugandan Basketballers Of All Time;
She is cute too.
If Aliens invade my Space and threaten to freeze it,
Plus challenge me to pick ballers to face them in a Bako Playoff.
I would choose Steve Kerr and Flavia as the Assistant Coaches to Phil Jackson and James Naismith who invents the game in 1891.
My Subs Bench includes:
Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Sky Hook),
Wilt Chamberlain (100 Points in one Game),
Larry Bird (Drama),
Magic Johnson (Showtime),
Scottie Pippen (MJ's Sidekick),
Dennis Rodman (Bad Boy, Worm),
Kobe Bryant (Black Mamba),
LeBron James (King of Cleveland),
Klay Thompson (Splash Brother),
Stephen Omony (Falcons MVP),
Plus Jimmy Enabu (Oilers Captain from UG).
Meanwhile, my Starters are:
Bill Russell, who wins 11 rings (including a 7-peat) in 13 years;
Michael Jordan, who makes sure he does not play Game 7 in the Finals (achieves two 3-peats);
Ray Allen, the 3-point King and Player with the Best Clutch 3-pointer in NBA History - He got game;
Tim Duncan, the 1st Player to win at least one championship in three different decades; and
Stephen Curry, the First Unanimous Regular Season MVP, the other Half of the Splash Brothers, Chef, Pocket full of dimes, Steph-ortless, Best Shooter on Earth...

Red Princess...
Ongo [Lugbara Beats]
Music is food for the soul,
S/he who sings prays twice.
One red heart (or three rows of lines) for the Menu,
One black dot (inside a circle-ring) for the Volume,
One blue triangle pointing right for the Play button! MVP...

The Happiness Of Art (Poem by Aiko)
I think about Art everyday,
How to improve my skills and marketing.
I'm not perfect,
That is why I try to develop my Art daily like Lionel Messi,
The struggle is messy!
My new classmate in Senior 5 called me fake,
But I know GOD made me war.
In fact, my father included it in my first name,
Like Uganda's First President.
Since School Canes ended my Football Dream,
My New Dream is to draw so much more,
Under the penname "Aiko",
Which is taken from the surname my mother gave me.
Ayiko 'bu-a in her Lugbara tongue means:
Happiness is in Heaven!
On Earth, there is sorrow.
I just dropped the Y,
No Crossroads!

The Y-Corner
What is happiness?
Everybody is looking for it.
Is it a mental state?
Is it a moving target?
I believe it is wanting what you get; I call it Double Happy-iness!
By definition, Success is getting what you want,
While Happiness is enjoying Success.
But what if you do not get what you want, what you really really want?
If you want oranges, but life throws lemons at you,
Then you either throw the lemons back at life in anger,
Or cut them to make lemonade and drink;
It's just a bittersweet symphony!
When you are at crossroads,
Either you go left or go right!
When you leave A-City, either you go to South Sudan or go to Maracha-Terego;
Choose one and have no regrets!
Be content with your choice,
Coz when you get what you want,
You start wanting something else!
It's like Happiness is a mirage we pursue.
But Happy-iness is contentment!
There are only two options.
When you depart from Earth,
Either you go to Hell or go to Heaven.
It's either Magma Lake or Lake Shore,
Broad way or thorny path, choose one!
There is no Purgatory, just a hollow vacuum;
Nothing between both sides.
Why do people commit suicide after rejection in relationships or jobs?
It's because they choose Death instead of Life, look right!
You need Shock-absorbers for your heart and soul;
They are positioned in the mind.
When one school does not give you an admission letter, another will welcome you.
If you lack a university degree, then apply what you learn in diplomas or certificates! 
Why kill yourself just because you have been fired from work?
Find another job; there are too many jobs everywhere.
If you cannot get your own car to drive, then use public means!
If GOD does not give you a motorcycle, at least HE gives you strong legs for walking.
When your highway is blocked, find a bypass or panya route!
When you lose an election, there is still another race ahead after some years.
Either you sip vodka or drink porridge!
Waragi kills, so either you drink waragi for status quo or gallop pina colada juice!
If you cannot get milk, then drink water!
If you are removed from a social media platform, then use its competitor!
When grid power is cut off, use alternative electricity!
If one supermarket does not want to sell to you, then find a kiosk!
If you cannot get millions of money, then enjoy the thousands of cash you get!
Money ain't a thing, eat it like rice!
If you do not have much, then enjoy the oxygen you breathe without a price.
Thank GOD am still here trying to be happy,
Stress free!
May HIS Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven!

JESUS (by Aiko)
I've never seen JESUS,
Even if the Bible says HE can save us,
But since I've met the Devil,
I believe HE is the opposite of Evil.
Write our names in the Book of Life, LORD!
Make us Friends of GOD!

Alternative Book Cover
Dreamsurfing is a 2020 Ugandan book written by Edward Aikobua [pennamed Aiko (Cartoonist)] about the prophetic power of Dreams. He has been recording his Dreamvisions since 1999 when his Senior 3 Stream Monitor Isaac Semakadde invited him to be the St. Mary's College Kisubi (SMACK) Timekeeper. HE prayed to GOD to always wake him up so that he can ring the first bell of the day in time and got bombarded with Dreamvisions like never before including one with a soundtrack. The following year, Aikobs gave Semaks (aka Zagallo) a Dream-based Prophecy that came true...