28 March 2021

Does GOD Exist?

Freedom to believe...

I have never seen GOD nor JESUS, but it would be absolute Foolishness for me to doubt the Former after seeing the barefoot, red-skinned Devil physically one sunrise on Buganda Road (in Kampala, Uganda) before 2007. The Morning Star is the Angel who thought he could overthrow his Maker but instead became the main reason why we all have problems. We walk by faith like the truthful Disciple Nathaniel, not by sight like the doubting Thomas and non-believers; JESUS is recorded in Holy Scriptures and History Books, so he must be real, not fictitious. I do not want to depart from this Earth and get shocked. Did the entire universe create itself? I don't think so, there had to be a super-intelligent Designer who made it. Why do bad things happen to good people? Because of the stubborn Devil who always tempts and tests us without flinching, ask Job! Where is GOD during hard times? HE is perhaps quietly giving us peace & strength to go through our trials; HIS hands are not short. GOD is superrich! One of the Biggest Reasons I believe in GOD are my Dreamvisions, some so prophetic that I occasionally get very very very scared - from schoolmate Isaac Semakadde topping our S4 UCE Examinations in Y2K after registering 3rd place across Uganda during PLE to meeting General Moses Ali at LDC for my first time to Arsenal winning the 2015 FA Cup Final by 4-0 to seeing snakes before encountering them in reallife without fear to movies shown on Ugandan TV without prior announcement of the title to Kaweesi's assassination in 2017 as well as many other newstories. I even published a book entitled "Dreamsurfing" in 2020 to explore oneironautics, including anecdotes from as far back as 1999 when I started recording my dreamvisions: Dreams are like Source Code! We get delivered from Evil plus healed from diseases eg Malaria, Typhoid, Stomach Upsets and Flu instead of dying; that can only be GOD's mercy. JESUS healed 10 lepers while on Earth, I guess their body parts grew back like in the films Terminus (2015), Deadpool and Elysium, but only one returned to say Awa'difo. I thank GOD for saving me from diseases I did not even know including Dracunculiasis (Guineaworm), Hookworms, Heartpain, Boils, Shortsightedness, Jiggers, etc. My extended family is largely Anglican, but I've had Catholic influences through school and Muslim leanings through the communities I've lived in. Fourthly, I admire Judaism through literature and media. I've also prayed to Lucifer or the Devil at least thrice, but I ask GOD to forgive me and wash my heart, soul and mind with the blood of JESUS. Protect us from the Angel of Death! Who answers our prayers? I attribute my good academic performance in P7 to GOD, got 4 points out of the optimum 4. I never prayed to JESUS nor Mary nor saints; I just begged whoever was up there every night to make me the Best in my East Stream so that I jump the frighteningly regular academic canes which HE did. On top of that, HE also made me Headboy of the entire school, something I never prayed for; it was just handed to me through botched elections simply because my grades were astronomical but it made me think about King Solomon. What the teachers in my new school which I joined in the 2nd Term of P6 did not know was that I was very furious with their academic beatings; I had endured enough since P4, 5 & 6 in my previous school like Balaam's Donkey (Numbers 22:28): What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times? The only Bible book I read entirely in P7 was Proverbs. After that level, I ignorantly rebelled against GOD to satisfy my bodily lusts, then accepted JESUS in my Heart as Saviour on Tuesday 2nd December 1997 before embarking on a feverish quest to read the whole Bible which I finished in S3, though I finished New Testament first in S2 since it was shorter. Everytime I open GOD's book (The Greatest Book I have ever studied alongside the Holy Koran), I learn new things I thought I had seen before. There must be an entity high above everything worthy of worship, glory and praise! Holy, holy, holy are you, LORD GOD Almighty! You are the owner of majesty. LORD, forgive us for being sinners, cast out demons from our bodies and write our names in the Book of Life, through JESUS Christ our Lord...


Why Do People Commit Suicide?
Everyone has problems, from illness to brokeness. How we react to them is what matters. No matter how dark the night, the Sun eventually rises up again; it's a recurring cycle so #SufferPatiently! Killing yourself does not end pain, sidestepping trouble in your mind is one very potent alternative like Mental Escapism. This life makes us feel like we are trapped in a Jail or Prison and cannot break free, but Happiness is not a moving target, it's a state of mind; contentment. In the Y-Corner philosophy, either you go left or go right (and have no regrets)! Shockabsorbers or painabsorbing exits like prayer, sleep, music, food, exercise, family, charity, hobbies, art, work, friendship and travel are very valuable. Other people drink alcohol until hangover level but it isn't recommended - memories always return after some time, try water or juice instead! As a Suicidologist who reads Suicide Notes, I realised that many people commit suicide because of reasons that other humans might find simple and jumpable like Rejection (retrenchment, divorce or separation, no care, opposition, humiliation, approval anxiety), Poverty (eg unemployment, risky investment, theft, lack of money) or Defeat (especially in sports, pressure to succeed, worthlessness, low self-esteem, academic failure, traumatic stress from experience, helplessness, demon-possession); we all go through them. One man's heavy load is another's featherweight. We all need Strength, Hope and Love to go through this life. May GOD be with all of us, in the name of JESUS...